NC State’s College of Humanities and Social Sciences and the North Carolina Humanities Council will host a follow-up meeting for supporters of the humanities and social sciences in North Carolina at RTP Conference Center (12 Davis Drive, RTP, NC, 27709) on December 9, 2014, from 10:00 – 3:00. Attendance is by invitation only. To request an invitation, please e-mail program co-chair Andy Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The meeting will include
- a panel discussion with, among others, Mary Foskett, Director WFU Humanities Institute; Bob Geolas, president and CEO, Research Triangle Park; David Zonderman, Professor of History at NC State; and Goldie Byrd, Dean of Arts and Sciences NC A&T, on how we can more effectively promote the interests of the humanities and social sciences in North Carolina; and
- a business meeting in which we hope to discuss and develop action items on three matters:
– the creation of an entity to inventory and facilitate communication between organizations in North Carolina whose mission it is to promote an understanding and appreciation of the humanities and social sciences;
– the transmission of a coherent and compelling argument for the importance of the humanities and social sciences to North Carolina; and
– the generation of a plan for effective advocacy for the humanities and social sciences to the public and policymakers in North Carolina.
Lunch will be provided for all attendees.